Adoption Day and my life thus far...



ADOPTION DAY

I was born on April 7th, 2007 in Berryville, VA. I was lucky to be born on a farm but I was even luckier to be adopted by my momma and poppa. I still remember the day we became family. Momma and Poppa
drove up in June of 07 to the barn in a fancy car...BMW. I immediately thought "wow, these guys will certainly spoil me". So, I put on my cute puppy face and hoped that they would choose me. There were two of us left to be adopted. A girl cavachon who was super friendly and me. If you know me... you know that I'm extremely shy and it takes me a while to warm up to people but once I do I'm the most loving puppy in the world. I was nervous and timid but I wanted them to be my parents because I knew we needed each other. So, I followed them around and even followed them to the fancy car. They fell in love and so did I. Here is my first picture... this picture was sent to momma and poppa before they came to adopt me.

I loved my momma and poppa from day one and I knew it was mutual. Poppa drove the car and momma held me close to her heart.

My life since adoption day:

Yes, I was right to follow the fancy car. I am completely spoiled, took trips to Annapolis, Old Town Alexandria, football games (where I met my ROCK FAMILY), spent many weekends running around doggie parks and had many treats and clothes. I enjoyed being the only kid until late December 2007. I still remember the drive to Berryville. I was so excited to go see the barn and my old barn friends, little did I know that we would be coming home with another cavachon and I would have to share my momma and poppa and more importantly my treats. I'm not going to lie the one cavachon left a boy was really cute but a little hyper. I wasn't sure if momma and poppa could handle him on their own so I took the responsibility of being a big brother seriously. I must admit that I was a bit grumpy on the drive home from the farm. I didnt like that momma was holding "Charlie" on her lap and I had to sit next to her. Poppa was driving all of us. "Charlie" was a stinky puppy and he even throw up on the way back home. Before we got home, momma and poppa stopped by a "ROCK" football game and Charlie got to meet the crew. He immediately fit in. I knew then that this was going to be super fun for all four of us.

Just as momma and poppa predicted, Charlie and I became best buds. He followed me everywhere and he taught me how to pee like a boy. Balancing my body on 3 legs was hard but I couldn't have done it with Charlie Pants --- for some reason momma and poppa call us "Toby Pants" and "Charlie Pants". Yes, it's cute when we are home but not when we are out in public. You can't blame them though, they really love us. We spent about a year together in NOVA living it up with the best roomies ever Kimy and Kevin aka Aunt Kimy and Uncle Kevin. We were spoiled by them too. But, after one year we all decided to move to NYC. Poppa was going to be a chef. Everyone was nervous about how we would adapt to the city...but we loved it. Pooping on concrete was new. But, I liked how we were allowed to go everywhere, even on the subway. We rode the 6 train a lot and went to Central Park often. Momma and Poppa walked us from our apt in the financial district to battery park every day. Every day, someone would ask if they could take a picture of us... momma was always so proud of our looks.

After NYC, we moved back to VA to open our own restaurant. We've been working so hard to make the dream happen. A few months back momma started gaining weight. Charlie and I would never tell her though as she is a woman and women are sensitive about their weight. But, all of a sudden her tummy bump has gone down and we added a new member to the pack. Her name is Charlotte. She is pretty cute and she is allowed to do number 1's and 2's in the house. I guess she's not potty trained yet. I like to go and check in on her when she's crying. Most of the time I'm faster than momma and poppa and beat them to the crib. We are now a beautiful family of 5.

Momma and Poppa work hard every day at the restaurant but never forget about spoiling us. They did however forget the importance of living each day to it's fullest and to appreciate the little things in life. Which is why I was chosen to follow this path... to remind them of the beauty there is in every day and in every breath.


Here are some of my fav. pictures...



Comments

Popular Posts