The Holistic Approach...



Paws to Heal


Tuesday was our holistic vet appointment. Momma wants to combine a little bit of Western Medicine (hope center) with some Eastern Medicine (Paws to Heal). Dr. Danoff rocks! She told momma and poppa that I needed to eat a high protein low carb diet and that it would be best to cook special meals for me - wohoo! Little did she know that my Poppa is a chef! So, I'm going to eat gourmet meals cooked by a French Culinary Institute trained Chef - lucky me (and Charlie).



My diet so far - polyface chicken (which is grass fed hormone free) beets, carrots (not too many because they break down into sugars which is not good for me), chicken stock. The idea is to stay away from sugars (so no more stealing red velvet cakes from the counter) and carbs. Carbs make lactate - lactate is bad for my lymphs. I love my poppa for sacrificing so much for me... he stays late at the restaurant to cook some yummy gourmet meals for me.

I might start some supplements that my holistic vet gave me but momma wants to consult with Dr. Beck first. We see her again on Tuesday for my second treatment.

PS - Tomorrow is the first of many family days. Momma, Poppa, Charlie, Charlotte and I are going to spend some QT in Middleburg. We love the country side.










Comments

Popular Posts