HOPE CENTER aka TREAT WORLD




Journey to Remission Starts Now

HOPE CENTER: Wohoo, our journey to remission has officially started. Went to the Hope Center on Monday and met my oncologist, Dr. Beck and Vet Assistant Tessa. They are so awesome. Momma, Poppa, Charlie and I went to her office.. it has lots of doggie beds - super comfy. They talked for sometime about the treatment options. Together they decided that the best treatment for me is called The Wisconsin Protocol (supposed to induce remission in 91% of puppies with lymphosarcoma). We agreed to start immediately. I was a bit scared to start my new meds (through IV) but Dr. Beck said that Charlie could stay with me and keep me company. That made me feel so much better. Charlie and I kicked it with Dr. Beck. I got my meds Vincristine to be exact - and some treats and hung out with Tessa until momma came to pick me up at 6 pm.



Momma got this huge list of what to do/not to do's, what to watch out for. They say that treatment for puppies like me is less harsh then on humans. There are cases of puppies having severe side effects but it's rare. If you know my momma, you know that she is extremely paranoid so she's watching me 24 seven and over analyzing everything I do. Lucky for me it's been almost a week and I had no side effects from my first treatment - high paw!







Comments

Popular Posts